Monday, April 2, 2007

Old Blogging part 6- How Ben scarded the s**t out of me

Okay, So I'm sitting on the sofa with Ben reading a book. "Father cat's busy day" and Ben decides he's had enough so he climbs down the sofa and grabs his bus. Then he toddles off down the hallway. I know all the doors are closed so I don't follow him. Then he starts crying. I didn't hear a thump, a bump, or any unusual noises. I figured he found a closed door and he was unhappy about it. It's not panicked crying, just his normal crying. Then he comes toddeling back down the hall with his bus still in hand, still crying. I look at him and see blood pouring down his face from his nose all down his mouth and chin. Now I know what they mean in books when they describe fear squeezing your heart. I thought I was going to faint or have a panic attack. There was so much blood. He's fine by the way, I'm still not sure what happened but he got over it fairly quickly. Much faster than me, I'm still a little shaken. I wiped the blood away (several times) and held a clod wet cloth to his nose. He got pretty upset, but I think that's because I was so freaked out. So I nursed him for a little while, (yes, I'm still nursing, no he isn't a bit old for that and I don't care if you think he is) and he calmed down right away. Then he demanded his crayons.
Poor Sarah! I think the image of him toddeling towards me, with his bus in hand and blood pouring down his face was burned into my brain, I'll never forget it. I know it's not a huge deal, just a nose bleed, but I still feel a little traumatised. My mother used to tell me that you don't really know what fear is until you have children........I think she's right.

No comments: